Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brubaker Adventures, summer 2008






This summer, we went on vacation to Wyoming, spent 2 days/nights in Yellowstone National Park, met Vice President Dick Cheney and his wife, Lynn, in Jackson Hole, and visited my Uncle Tucker and Aunt Jean, and my Uncle Dexter and Aunt Carole in Pinedale. It was not only a vacation, but a fact-finding/pilot trip for a vision we have of starting a family-based wilderness outreach to help families bond, communicate, and encourage each other, while experiencing the wilderness. We had an awesome time hiking, backpacking/horsepacking, seeing the sights, kayaking/canoeing, seeing friend, Emi, and dodging forest fires. Our good friend, Amy, went with us on the trip; we traveled in a rented mini-van to fit us all, which was great! We all got along very well, even on the long car days. Being able to travel and do incredible things, see God's glorious creation and share it with family and loved ones was such a blessing. Spending great time with my uncles, whom I dearly love, was precious, especially for my kids getting to see them and connect a little with what my dad was like. More pictures will be posted soon. --Teresa

1 comment:

Tracy P. said...

Hey Brubakers! We have the same picture from the falls at Yellowstone on my blog. I got another one from someone else today, too.

I seem not to have a valid email for you, so I hope you're getting your comments emailed to you. Our Christmas card is electronic this year, and you can find it here. And if you'll send me your email, I'll get you on my list! Ours is pattersons.us@gmail.com.

Merry Christmas!!